Our Mindful ReWire uses Cognitive Wellness and the FRIENDS Resilience program to improve social and emotional skills.
What is Cognitive Wellness
Our Cognitive Wellness Program is designed to promote healthier thinking, prevent automatic negative thoughts and develop alternative ways to approach problem solving. We strive to improve social and emotional skills in order to relieve physical symptoms of distress, learn behavioral regulation and promote healthy lifestyle choices.
What are Social and Emotional Skills
The Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) outlines five core childhood social and emotional competencies.
- Self Awareness – knowing what we are feeling in the moment, having realistic assessment of our abilities and a well-grounded sense of self confidence
- Social Awareness – understanding what others are feeling, being able to take their perspective, appreciating and interacting positively with diverse groups
- Self Management – handling our emotions so they facilitate rather than interfere with the task at hand; being conscientious and delaying gratification to pursue goals, persevering in the face of setbacks and frustrations
- Relationship Skills – handling emotions in relationships effectively, establishing and maintaining healthy and rewarding relationships based on cooperation, resistance to inappropriate social pressure, negotiating solutions to conflict and seeking help when needed
- Responsible Decision Making – making decisions based on accurate consideration of all relevant factors and the likely consequences of alternative courses of action, respecting others and taking responsibility for one’s action
What is FRIENDS Resilience
FRIENDS Resilience program provides social and emotional skills training for children 4-18 years old and aims to build social and emotional resilience. It is a universal early intervention and wellness program for childhood anxiety and depression.
The program was developed to assist youth in building resilience and self-esteem and to learn important skills and techniques to cope with difficult and/or anxiety provoking situations. It covers all five CASEL competencies as outlined above and develops coping skills. FRIENDS gives emotional resilience that will stay with children for life, and teaches practical, useful strategies for coping with stress.
FRIENDS is the only wellness program endorsed by the World Health Organization as best practice for its effectiveness in the prevention of anxiety and depression and promoting resilience in families, schools and communities.
For more information: www.friendsresilience.org
What Can I expect at my Child's Session
Parent and child input are key to building a successful cognitive and emotional wellness plan. Prior to a 1:1 session, you will have an opportunity to elaborate on any wellness needs. We will discuss your child’s thought processes, emotional struggles and behavioral challenges. You can expect your child’s tailored wellness plan to begin with simplified neuroscience and physiology lessons, as well as lessons on social, emotional and behavioral intelligence.
Together We Will Identify
Physio-Logics wellness programs are evidence-based and demonstrate effectiveness in promoting social, emotional and behavioral health. Medical treatment is required for mental health disorders. If you question whether your child needs additional support or they are showing signs of an anxiety related disorder seek professional consult from your pediatrician or mental health provider.
peaceful mind. strong body. empowered spirit.